Help at Home continues to provide home care services to older people and people with a disability living in the community.
Our Day Centres at The Burger Centre and Club Monte continue to offer social support remotely. Both centres are currently closed to visitors due to the NSW Government lockdown in place until 11.59pm, Friday July 9.
If you have any (non-urgent) queries about COVID-19 and Montefiore, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any urgent matters relating to a consumer, please contact the relevant care manager directly.
For the latest information and restrictions in Sydney, please visit the NSW Government website.
Planning & precautions
Since the COVID-19 crisis began, Montefiore has spent significant time and resources to ensure we are doing everything possible to protect our consumers, staff and community through this challenging time, and prepare for a potential outbreak. Below is an overview of some of the planing and precautions we have implemented:
- The Montefiore COVID-19 Management Team (MCMT), which meets daily to update our own planning and precautions, implement all NSW Public Health Unit (PHU) directives and ensure we are following the latest NSW Health guidance and information regarding cases and hotspots in NSW.
- All staff and essential contractors are undertaking a temperature check and completing a daily health declaration and annexure regarding hotspot locations.
- Supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks are now in place.
- An Outbreak Management Plan has been established, overseen by the Director of Quality, Compliance & Risk. This plan covers everything from signage to infection control protocols and communications.
- Dedicated COVID-19 Care Zones are in place at each of our Residential Care sites, to be used in the event of an outbreak. If required, these zones can be activated immediately. They will be quarantined from the rest of the site, including separate staffing and equipment, increased cleaning protocols and other precautions.
- Nursing staff with previous relevant hospital experience have been selected to work in the COVID-19 Care Zones, and have received additional training to manage care of any infected residents should the need arise.
- All staff continue to receive training in the latest precautions and protocols introduced across our sites.
- An agreement with a nursing agency is in place to provide care staff should large numbers of Montefiore employees be required to self-isolate.
- Our Catering Department has contingency plans in place should replacement kitchen and dining staff be required, as well as alternative menu plans should food supplies be interrupted in the case of a more widespread community outbreak.
- All our Residential Care facilities are currently closed to visitors due to the NSW Government lockdown.
- Providing the best care for residents at each of our four campuses continues to be our focus. This includes strategies to support individuals’ social and emotional wellbeing through these challenging times, especially when isolated. We have introduced assisted video and phone calls to keep residents and their loved ones connected. Allied Health and Leisure & Lifestyle programs are continuing with safe social distancing practices in place.
- All staff and contractors undergo daily health and temperature checks. Our clinical staff continue to monitor residents for any signs or symptoms of illness and we have rigorous testing and isolation policies in place. Additional cleaning protocols are in place across our sites, along with additional hand sanitiser and hand-washing stations.
- For older members of the community and their carers in need of added support, Respite Care is available at each of our Residential Care sites subject to availability.
Help at Home
Our home care service has implemented stringent precautions and procedures to help protect our vulnerable clients, as well as providing additional support. Services will continue with all precautions in place during the current NSW Government lockdown, and we also ask for your cooperation to ensure our staff remain safe as they continue to perform essential duties.
- All care staff use masks, gloves, sanitiser and additional PPE as required.
- Each of our Care Coordinators is working closely with their allocated carers to ensure that they complete daily health and location checks, do not work if they have attended any close or casual contact locations, and are updated on the latest precautions and procedures.
- Wherever possible, carers and clients are paired together to minimise multiple contacts.
- Universal hygiene precautions are followed by all employees, who have also received additional education and training in infection prevention and control.
- We ask clients to take the same precautions as staff. If a client or member of their household are unwell in any way or have visited a known COVID-19 hotspot location, please disclose or reschedule ahead of your appointment.
- New services have been added, including video companionship calls, and assistance with priority online shopping.
M by Montefiore
Please note the following updates to our guidelines in place as part of the NSW Government Greater Sydney lockdown.
- Residents and visitors should wear masks in indoor common areas (including lifts, common areas and car parks) at all times.
- Residents and essential visitors should check in at the Club Lounge or car park lifts on each visit, using the Service NSW QR code displayed.
- NEW The Club Lounge will be serving takeaway only. Breakfast packs, coffee/tea and lunch will be available daily. Our M on the Menu prepared meal service also remains available.
- NEW The pool and fitness centre will be closed for the duration of the lockdown.
- The cinema will be closed for the duration of the current lockdown.
- Please remember to practice good hand hygiene on the premises using the sanitiser stations provided, and comply with physical distancing (remaining 1.5m from others).
- Please travel in lifts only with other members of your household (as physical distancing is not possible).
- Residents should comply with all NSW Government conditions of the lockdown listed here.
- Residents needing to leave the premises for essential purposes (medical appointments, shopping for essential items) may book the shuttle privately via Concierge. Assistance is also available for those residents needing help with online ordering and delivery.
- Residents experiencing any symptoms of illness should not use the Club Lounge or other common indoor areas. Please self-isolate in your apartment until you can arrange COVID-19 testing. Symptoms include: fever, cough, sore throat, runny/blocked nose, shortness of breath, fatigue, aches & pains, earache, diarrhoea.
- The nearest COVID-19 testing centre is at Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, via the Avoca Street entrance. For a full list of testing locations, visit: https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/how-to-protect-yourself-and-others/clinics
- Residents who have visited any close or casual contact locations named by NSW Health, please inform us immediately. Do not use the Club Lounge or other common indoor areas and follow all NSW Health directions regarding self-isolation and testing. The list of hotspots is being updated regularly here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
- M by Montefiore residents may not enter the Randwick Residential Care campus at this time due to heightened NSW Health precautions for residential aged care facilities.
Our M by Montefiore retirement living Display Suite and Display Apartment are open by private appointment only to ensure safe social distancing. If you are in a vulnerable group and are isolating at home, please contact us to enquire about a virtual tour. All visitors should follow the latest NSW Government guidelines on mask-wearing in the community. If you are unwell or have visited a known COVID-19 hotspot, please reschedule your appointment and follow all NSW Health guidelines regarding testing and self-isolation.
The Burger Centre is closed for in-person programs due to the current NSW Government lockdown. The centre continues to offer remote video sessions via Zoom and remote engagement via phone to clients and families as needed. The Dance for Parkinson’s program continues online and is open to all. The Burger Centre team is available by phone on 02 8345 9147 and email email@example.com