With a focus on issues that affect the older members of the community and their loved ones, our Spotlight series virtual sessions explore a wide range of aspects of the ageing experience.
This session is a practical guide on ageing for your family
• Discuss different ways to approach a loved one about their ageing requirements.
• Learn how to manage and best support early signs of cognitive decline.
• What should you do after any diagnosis?
• Tips for enabling your loved one to manage their environment more independently.
• Determine what type of support you might be eligible for at home.
Moderated by Montefiore Director or Professional Services, Janine Grossman, the panel includes Rachel Houseman (Senior Social Worker), Amy Sender (Behavioural Support Lead), Eliza Baume (Dementia Consultant) and James Waide (Help at Home Coordinator).
- Are you confused about what support your loved one needs and are unsure how to navigate the system?
- Are you wanting to downsize and learn about retirement living?
- Discover what level of care is right for you – perhaps Help at Home can assist or is it time to consider Residential Care?
- What financial implications should you consider?
Moderated by Montefiore CEO, Robert Orie, we will hear from our panel of experts, Jill Fellows (Retirement Village Expert, M by Montefiore), Thomas Kramer (Director of Residential Care, Montefiore) and Amanda Guinane (General Manager of Help at Home by Montefiore).